Hive, mail # user - Is there a way to check if a column exists or not?

+
Gary Zhao 2013-09-23, 23:35
Re: Is there a way to check if a column exists or not?
Stephen Sprague 2013-09-24, 14:35
i think we need an example.  if the column exists in the meta-data but not
in the data i'm pretty sure hive will take it as a null.  no example though
makes it hard to go further into this (at least for this reader.)
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Gary Zhao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm query a table and I'm able to filter column value is "NULL", but looks
> like some record doesn't even have "NULL" value. Is there a way to filter
> them out?
>
> Thanks
> Gary

+