Hive >> mail # user >> Is there a way to check if a column exists or not?

Re: Is there a way to check if a column exists or not?
i think we need an example.  if the column exists in the meta-data but not
in the data i'm pretty sure hive will take it as a null.  no example though
makes it hard to go further into this (at least for this reader.)