Hadoop >> mail # user >> Maps split size

Maps split size
Hi,

  I've found that the solution to control the split size per mapper is to
modify the following configurations:

mapred.min.split.size and mapred.max.split.size, but when I set them both
to 14MB with dfs.block.size = 64MB, the splits are still = 64MB.

So, is there a relation between them that I should consider?

Thank you,
Mark