Accumulo >> mail # user >> "Re-applying" split file to a table?

"Re-applying" split file to a table?
To set the stage:

We create a table and pre-split it..then we start to ingest some data.
 During the ingest, the table splits a few more times maybe, and after the
ingest is done the table balances itself out across the tablet severs.

What happens if we apply the spilt file again  to the same table?  From
what I can tell, nothing appears to change, but, just wanted to double
check..make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Same question, but if we use a completely different spilt file, with
different splits?  Same result..nothing changes?