Thanks for the update, Arun!
I checked this RC:
- Signatures and message digests all are good.
- We still need a top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and a README for both the
source and binary artifacts. [can be copied from
- CHANGES.txt for common and hdfs are duplicated in
- CHANGES.txt files are still a bit hard to find. Top level would be good,
but then we will need to rename them as COMMON-CHANGES.txt etc. What do you
and others think?
- What about Release-notes? It will be great to package them. Not sure if
we ever shipped release-notes out with the release though.
Testing: Did the same tests that I did with RC0, on a single node.
- Started HDFS daemons in secure mode running as 'hdfs' user, created
- Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager -
running as 'mapred' user.
- Still running into the same issue running mapreduce jobs using the
container-executor binary shipped with the tar-ball:
2011-11-01 16:30:00,326 INFO
java.io.IOException: App initialization failed (2)
I tried installing and testing trunk, 0.23 code and the current RC,
was a lengthy affair. Finally I cornered this to the built binary. The
container-executor binary shipped is a 64 bit version, while I am on a
32-bit arch. When I manually built the code myself and replaced just the
binary with my 32 bit version one, everything went fine. I guess we need to
ship both the versions?
- With the replaced binary, I ran wordcount, pi, sort, grep as a user
different from hdfs/mapred and they all pass just fine.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've created a new release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would
> like to release.
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.