Pig, mail # user - RE: Pig questions

RE: Pig questions
Amir Youssefi 2008-05-20, 19:59
Olga,

 Please let us know when we have contrib part ready so I kick off
pushing selection of many UDFs we have at Yahoo to contrib.

Regards
Amir

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Olston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Rosie Jones
Subject: fwd: Pig questions

James: forwarding your mail to the pig-user mailing list (probably a
good idea for you and/or your students to subscribe).

Regarding Hadoop and "hadoop-on-demand", I do not know the answer but
will forward your question to the hadoop guys.

Regarding a function library for Pig that would include Tokenize and
other useful functions, I know that such a library does exist within
Yahoo, and there is an effort underway to create a public library of Pig
functions that would include string manipulations such as Tokenize, as
well as some basic math functionality and other items.
The contact person for this effort is Olga Natkovich (olgan@yahoo-
inc.com) -- perhaps you can send a list of functions you'd like to see
to her, and if all goes well they will go into a public library over the
summer.

Cheers,

Chris

Begin forwarded message: