Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Two Leaders?!

+
Marshall McMullen 2011-12-20, 17:00
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-20, 17:37
Re: Two Leaders?!
i've seen it before when the configuration files haven't been setup
properly. i would check the configuration. if the leader is still the
leader, it must have active followers connected to it, otherwise it
would give up leadership. i would use netstat to find out who they
are.

ben

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Marshall McMullen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Zookeeper devs,
>
> I've got a cluster with 3 servers in the ensemble all running 3.4.0. After
> a few days of successful operation, we observed all zookeeper reads and
> writes began failing every time. In our log files, the error being reported
> is INVALID_STATE. I then telnetted to port 2181 on all three servers and
> was surprised to see that *two* of these servers both report they are the
> leader! Two of the nodes are in agreement on the Zxid, and one of the nodes
> is way out of whack with a much much larger Zxid. The node that all writes
> are flowing through is the one with the much higher Zxid.
>
> Has anyone ever seen this before? What can I do to diagnose this problem
> and resolve it? I was considering killing zookeeper on the node that should
> not be the leader (the one with the wrong Zxid) and removing the zookeeper
> data directory, then restarting zookeeper on that node. Any other ideas?
>
> I appreciate any help.
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-20, 18:17
+