HBase, mail # user - Re: queries and MR jobs

Re: queries and MR jobs
Anoop John 2013-03-02, 16:00
HBase data is ultimately persisted in HDFS and there it will be replicated
in different nodes. But HBase table's each region will be associated with
exactly one RS. So doing any operation on that region, ant client need to
contact this HRS only.

-Anoop-

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Pamecha, Abhishek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a way to partition HDFS [replication factor, say 3]] or route
> requests to specific RS nodes so that
>
> One set of nodes serve operations like put and get etc.
> Other set of nodes do MR on the same replicated  data set
> And those two sets don't share the same nodes?
>
> I mean, If we are replicating and not worried about consistency equally
> across all replicas, can we allocate different jobs to different replicas
> based on that replica's consistency tuning.
>
> I understand that HDFS interleaves replicated data across nodes so we
> don't have cookie-cut isolated replicas. And thus this question becomes
> more interesting? :)
>
> An underlying question is how a node of its 2 other replicas, gets chosen
> for a specific request[ put/get] or a MR job.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

+
Ted Yu 2013-03-02, 15:43