From: "Mapred Learn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:34:22 PM
Subject: Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter
Did you add the word external in create table I.e.
Create external table(...blah...blah...)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Sam William < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hi,
I have a data file that is exactly equivalent to a CSV , except that the field delimiter is a control character specifically '\u0001' . How can I create an external table in hive for this data ?
For instance .
create table ... blah .blah ...
row format delimited fields terminated by '\u0001' stored as textfile location '/tmp/myloc';
did not work .
Thanks
Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]