Pig, mail # user - Need example of python code with dependency files

Need example of python code with dependency files
Ryan Compton 2013-11-05, 23:39
I have some python code I'd like to deploy with a pig script. The .py
code takes input from sys.stdin and outputs to sys.stdout. It also
needs some parameter files to run properly.

The book "Programming Pig" tells me:

"The workaround for this is to create a TAR file and ship that, and
then have a step in your executable that unbundles the TAR file"

but I'm still real confused. I need an example of how to unpack it (eg
unpack in a bash script I pass around, unpack in the pig script, ??)