HBase, mail # dev - prefix compression

Re: prefix compression
Matt Corgan 2011-06-04, 03:56
Jason - are you feeding it that whole string for each date?  Input data is
17 bytes per record * 50mm records = 850MB, and that reduces to 984 bytes?
 Is it possible to compress by that much?  Maybe I'm missing something about
how the FST works.

Matt
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Jason Rutherglen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]