Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop RPC question

Hadoop RPC question
Hello,
I am working on writing a process (bash) which can attach to the namenode
and listen to the RPCs. I am interested in, what files are "hot" and who is
reading the data.

Currently, I am using the namenode logs to gather this data but was
wondering if I can attach to the hadoop/hdfs port and listen to the calls?
Has anyone done this before?

TIA