The following is the board report this month.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FENG, Xixuan (Aaron) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Subject: [REPORT] Apache MADlib - September 2017
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Apache MADlib is a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine learning framework
for Data Scientists.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Community activity focused on post-graduation tasks related to MADlib's
promotion to ASF TLP status. This included working on the code base,
website, wiki, and ASF infrastructure.
- Trademark transfer from Pivotal to ASF was completed in the month of
- The first TLP release of MADlib 1.12 happened on Aug 29, 2017.
- A MADlib community call on the topic of the 1.12 release happened on Sept
- A set of 2.0 JIRAs has been proposed to review by the community.
## Health report:
The community is relatively small but very engaged with robust mailing list
traffic, interest in doing frequent releases and a bunch of new functionality
being developed by contributors. Work has begun in earnest on the next
release 2.0 planned in the fall.
The number of committers actively contributing to the code/documentation has
been steady and remains at a level of half a dozen active committers each
We will constantly be on a lookout for new community members to be invited
either as committers or PMC.
## PMC changes:
- No changes in PMC, currently 13 PMC members.
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 13 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Nandish Jayaram on 2016-09-08
- v1.12.0 released on 2017-08-29
- v1.11.0-incubating released on 2017-05-17
- v1.10.0-incubating released on 2017-03-10
## Mailing list activity:
Mailing activity has remained relatively stable with 324 posts to dev@ and
19 posts to user@ during the month of Aug.
## JIRA Statistics:
- 9 JIRA tickets created in the last month
- 13 JIRA tickets resolved in the last month