Sqoop >> mail # dev >> Release planning for 1.4.4

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-06-17, 00:52
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-06-17, 02:48
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-06-17, 04:16
Re: Release planning for 1.4.4
Thanks to Jarcec for continuing to be the release mentor and driving timely
releases. I encourage those who have interest in the Sqoop project but have
not had a chance to contribute yet, to take this opportunity and make a
difference to the project!

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Venkat Ranganathan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for both 1.4.4 release and community RM
>
> Thanks
>
> Venkat
>

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Hari Shreedharan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > +1 for Sqoop 1.4.4. It has been a while since the last release and we
> > should push out a new one!
> >
> > +1 for community release manager (I would call this the usual release
> > process now, which is awesome! :) )
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Hari
> >

> > On Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> >
> > > Sqoop developer community,
> > > It has been three months since our last Sqoop 1 release version 1.4.3
> > and there has been steady activity on the codebase with about 49 issues
> > resolved [1]. Some of them are usual bugfixes, but we also added major
> new
> > functionality. For example we added Netezza Connector and HCatalog
> > integration. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance
> > release of the project with version number 1.4.4.
> > >
> > > To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the
> > usual release process that was introduced couple of releases back.
> Instead
> > of having one of the committers driving the release, I've stepped out as
> > release mentor that will guide someone from the community that will
> > volunteer to become the release manager.
> > >
> > > This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a
> > difference for the project and learn more about the workings of Apache
> > Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in general. Please do not hesitate
> and
> > respond to this email if you're interested!
> > >
> > > Jarcec
> > >
> > > Links:
> > > 1: http://s.apache.org/qt

+