Kafka >> mail # user >> accessing stats programmatically (instead of via jmx)

Re: accessing stats programmatically (instead of via jmx)
In 0.7 there is no other way to access stats remotely. Technically the JMX
is accessible so you can certainly start the broker yourself
   new KafkaServer(...)
and just add a wrapper that calls the methods you are interested in, but if
you are doing this from java it may be a bit awkward to reach into the
scala code in this way.

In 0.8 we are using the yammer metrics package, so that may be easier for
you.

-Jay