Hadoop, mail # dev - After Creating a patch what I need to do

After Creating a patch what I need to do
Thoihen Maibam 2013-05-01, 13:33
Hi All,

Can somebody help me after creating patch what I need to I do. I have seen
one subject 'How to test the patch' but that isn't really helping me. I am
stuck in the below areas.

1. I saw findbugs and forest (I don't know much about this applications
where to put the jars)
2. Do I have to upload both the HADOOP-X.patch and patch.txt(I have
observed this file which contains the test class) . Here why the file
extension is txt.

3. Can I test the patch in standalone mode as I do not have access to
cluster.

Thanks
thoihen