HBase, mail # user - Problem on setting up hbase cluster in a special environment

Re: Problem on setting up hbase cluster in a special environment
Harsh J 2012-12-07, 13:12
Hi,

1. Too bad that you can't change the hostname to be an actual meaningful
one. I would not consider a node in the network a proper one if it does not
define a usable default hostname.
2. Virtual NIF name support (iface:sub-iface format) is available in Hadoop
2.x based releases. Perhaps that may help a bit.
3. Reverse DNS is essential I would say, as there are a few places I think
that stores IPs instead of hostnames, and may need to do a lookup at some
point. Not 100% sure if the lack of this will work across the stack.

Looks to me like your networked condition is setup in a pretty non-standard
way. Please do contact your network administrators to set things right. A
sane network setup is necessary for a pain-free experience in a distributed
system.

--
Harsh J