HBase, mail # user - How to clear hbase data in zookeeper

Re: How to clear hbase data in zookeeper
Kevin O'dell 2012-12-01, 02:55
Stephen,

  There are a couple ways you can do this.  The first is the small hammer
assuming ZK is using /hbase you can log into the ZK from a ZK node using
/usr/lib/zookeeper/bin/zkCli.sh once you are in the shell you can then
execute a rmr /hbase and this will remove all the HBase data except the id
of the ZK node.  Please make sure HBase is shut down.

  There is a REALLY big hammer, some may call is a sledge hammer but you
can delete the ZK data dir.  Go to each ZK node and from the shell as root
execute a rm -rf /<path to zk data> I believe the default is
/var/lib/zookeeper/version-2.  Again this is not recommended and you should
have both HBase and ZK shut down for this.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera