Flume >> mail # user >> flume 1.2.0 bzip2 codec problem

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-07-25, 10:20
Re: flume 1.2.0 bzip2 codec problem
Hi Jagadish,
I believe that flume is using hadoop framework to get list of compression codecs. Is bzip2 codec available in your hadoop environment?

You might want to check configuration property io.compression.codecs for inclusion of org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec.

Jarcec

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Jagadish Bihani wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have downloaded and deployed latest flume code from repository
> "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flume/trunk/"
>
> In the conf file I am using following properties for the hdfs sink:
>

> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.type = hdfs
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.path= <xyz>
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.fileType =CompressedStream
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.filePrefix=<xxx>
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollSize=0
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.codeC=bzip2
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollCount=0
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.batchSize=1
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollInterval=1
>
> After running it gives me an exception for bzip.
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported compression codec bzip2.  Please choose from: [None, GzipCodec, DefaultCodec, LzoCodec, LzopCodec, SnappyCodec]
>
> Isn't flume 1.2.0 supporting bzip2?
>
> Regards,
> Jagadish

+