HBase, mail # dev - HBase .92 maven artifacts compiled against different releases of Hadoop

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-11, 02:04
+
Stack 2011-11-11, 16:45
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-11, 16:56
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-11, 16:58
+
Stack 2011-11-11, 17:27
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-11, 18:45
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-11-11, 18:54
+
Gary Helmling 2011-11-11, 19:04
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-11, 19:54
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-11, 20:26
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-11, 21:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-11, 21:31
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-11, 21:49
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-11, 22:09
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-12, 00:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-16, 03:26
+
Stack 2011-11-16, 18:07
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-16, 03:25
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-16, 17:58
+
Stack 2011-11-16, 18:10
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-16, 19:16
Re: HBase .92 maven artifacts compiled against different releases of Hadoop
Gary Helmling 2011-11-16, 19:27

> IMO a Hbase release should not include Hadoop JARs. Then, it would
> require a Hadoop installed to run. And it would use the Hadoop
> 'hadoop' CLI to start.

I agree with not bundling Hadoop for RPM/deb packages where the
package management system can take care of the dependencies.

I'm -1 on excluding the Hadoop jar from the tarball distribution,
however.  Forcing newcomers to download a Hadoop distribution in
addition to HBase, just to be able to start up a local _stand-alone_
HBase instance for testing is shooting ourselves in the foot as a
project.  We already get flak for being too complicated to run, let's
not add to it.

--gh
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-18, 02:29