HBase >> mail # dev >> 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines

+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-25, 19:57
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-25, 20:11
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-12-25, 21:17
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-26, 01:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-26, 07:38
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-26, 03:49
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 06:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-28, 05:02
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-27, 06:29
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 16:53
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 17:08
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 18:03
+
Enis Söztutar 2012-12-26, 20:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 04:05
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-27, 19:49
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-27, 21:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 21:03
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-27, 06:37
+
Enis Söztutar 2012-12-27, 19:26
Re: 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines
Since we don't have Hadoop QA for 0.94 patches yet, does it make sense for
either contributor (patch owner) or the committer who plans to integrate
the patch to present test suite result before integration ?

There is subtle difference between 0.94 and trunk which may lead to
unexpected results.

Cheers

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it is not a matter of running the tests N times, but more so on
> running different platforms. From our builds, what we see most often is
> that the test runs just fine under CentOS 6, but becomes more flaky under
> CentOS 5 possibly b/c of thread scheduling differences. Moreover, under
> windows, the threads are not immediately scheduled to run after start()
> which causes further race conditions which does not occur so frequently
> under *nix systems.
>
> For 0.94 QA, theoretically we should not this. However in practice I see
> that if there is a brave soul to work on it, we will find it useful.
>
> Enis
>
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > If we make it too onerous we'll see fewer contributions especially in the
> > test area. :)

+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-29, 00:34
+