HBase >> mail # dev >> Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-11, 19:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-12, 20:10
+
Stack 2013-07-12, 20:38
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-16, 23:39
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-07-17, 08:42
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-17, 16:33
Re: Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew
Hi everyone,

As of yesterday, I've posted "final" patched on both
HBASE-8201<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8201>and
HBASE-8693 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8693>. The former
specifies on-disk format and the latter is the user-facing API. If you've
already left me a review, thank you; please have another look at these
patches. If you have an opinion here and haven't voiced it, we're
approaching the "forever hold your peace" part of the ceremony.

Thanks,
Nick

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for having a look. If you don't mind terribly, I responded to your
> comments on JIRA [0].
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>
> [0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8693#comment-13711250
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Matteo Bertozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I was looking at the HBASE-8693 patch, and looks good to me for the
>> primitive types.
>> but I can't see how do you plan to evolve stuff like the struct.
>> By "evolve" I mean add/remove fields, or just query it with a subset of
>> fields.
>> the fields don't have an id, and on read you must specify all of them in
>> the same order as you've used for write.
>> (but maybe is just an immutable/fixed list of fields, and I'm ok with just
>> adding that info to the comment on top of the class)
>>

>> Matteo
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > New patch posted. What do you think about the new isSkippable() and the
>> > associated limitation in Struct?
>> >
>> > I also posted some "dogfeed" per Enis's suggestion.
>> >
>> > -n

>> would
>> > good

+