Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Millions of opened connections to Zookeeper cluster possible?

+
Martin Kou 2012-09-17, 22:56
+
Morris Bernstein 2012-09-18, 01:44
+
Ted Dunning 2012-09-18, 02:58
+
Morris Bernstein 2012-09-18, 03:46
Re: Millions of opened connections to Zookeeper cluster possible?
sorry.

Hit send a bit early.

I meant a special purpose proxy that limits the amount of notification that
goes out by changing the semantics a bit.  You really don't want millions
of change notices to go out all at once.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Morris Bernstein <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Uhm, yeah, that's what I meant...
> On Sep 17, 2012 7:59 PM, "Ted Dunning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Another option is to use a proxy.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Morris Bernstein <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > The obvious solution would be running multiple Zookeepers
> hierarchically.
> > > Each server would take, say, 1000 clients.  Each server would be a
> client
> > > of an uber Zookeeper.  It'll increase latency some, but it scales.

> any
> > > data
> > this

+