Accumulo, mail # user - Can I connect an InputStream to a Mutation value?

Re: Can I connect an InputStream to a Mutation value?
Adam Fuchs 2012-06-19, 12:14
There's also the concern of elements of the document that are too large by
themselves. A general purpose streaming solution would include support for
any kind of objects passed in, not just XML with small elements. I think
the fact that it is an XML document is probably a red herring in this case.

In the past, what we have done is solve this on the application side by
breaking up large objects into chunks and then using a key structure that
groups and maintains the order of the chunks. This usually means that we
append a sequence number to the column qualifier using an integer encoding.
The filedata example that Billie referred to does this. Accumulo would
benefit from some sort of general purpose fragmentation solution for
streaming large objects, and an InputStream/OutputStream solution might be
good for that. Sounds like a fun project!

Adam