Avro >> mail # user >> avro c++ client for java services

+
Kunal Umrigar 2011-11-16, 12:08
Re: avro c++ client for java services
I can't speak to the exact feature support of C++ at this time, but others
can.

More generally, you can generate JSON from avdl files with the Java
implementation, and all languages support json schemas.  avdl files can be
parsed into Java Protocol and Schema objects and those can be written to
json.

json is the low level avro cross-language schema definition format, so that
language implementations can use a pre-existing json parser to read and
write them.  Generally all languages support reading Schemas in json
(.avsc), and any that support RPC need to be able to read Protocols in json
format (.avpr) as well.

AvroIDL is for management of schemas by people, and most languages do not
need to know how to parse them since the Java tools can convert these to
json during a build.

Also note that languages vary on the feature level supported for protocols ‹
you may need to investigate whether the languages you want to use need any
work to reach the level of feature parity you require.

-Scott