Zookeeper, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.4.5 (candidate 1)

+
Mahadev Konar 2012-11-05, 08:20
+
Flavio Junqueira 2012-11-07, 12:17
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-11-07, 20:43
Skye Wanderman-Milne 2012-11-09, 00:26
+1, ran tests and basic operations over a 3-node cluster with Oracle JDK
6+7 and OpenJDK 6.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1, verified the sigs/xsum, all the tests are passing for me on both jdk6
> and jdk7 (oracle). I see that jenkins is also passing consistently. I ran
> with a number of different cluster sizes (up to 15) and it seemed to be
> functioning properly.
>
> It would be great to get some feedback from the hbase community re running
> their tests against it both with jdk6 and jdk7.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Flavio Junqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1, I ran the unit tests and verified that:
> >
> > - I'm able to have a leader elected in a cluster of 3 servers;
> > - I'm able to have another leader elected when killing and bringing up
> > servers;
> > - I'm able to run operations against the cluster.
> >
> > -Flavio
> >
> > On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Mahadev Konar wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >  I have created a candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.4.5. This includes
> > > the fix for ZOOKEEPER-1560.
> > > Please take a look at the release notes for the jira list.
> > >
> > > *** Please download, test and VOTE before the
> > > *** vote closes  12:00  midnight PT on Friday, Nov 9th.***
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.5-candidate-1/
> > >
> > > Should we release this?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > mahadev