Zookeeper, mail # user - Re: Efficient backup and a reasonable restore of an ensemble

+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-08, 21:30
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-08, 22:28
+
Thawan Kooburat 2013-07-09, 00:53
+
kishore g 2013-07-09, 01:34
+
Thawan Kooburat 2013-07-09, 03:09
+
kishore g 2013-07-09, 04:05
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-09, 04:42
+
Ted Dunning 2013-07-09, 05:32
+
kishore g 2013-07-09, 05:08
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-09, 09:12
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-09, 16:02
+
Ted Dunning 2013-07-09, 20:00
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-09, 16:47
+
kishore g 2013-07-09, 17:01
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-09, 17:04
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-09, 04:40
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-09, 04:34
Re: Efficient backup and a reasonable restore of an ensemble
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-09, 04:25
These are interesting points, Thawan. I'd like to make sure that I get them
right.

1. Are you saying that a snapshot file may not be sufficient to restore
Zookeeper to a consistent state? Does it always require a transaction log
file or is it required to get to the most current state? I was hoping that
a snapshot is self-sufficient to do a restore to recent but not necessarily
most current state. Was I wrong?

2. Do you suggest that the same pair of a snapshot (and a transaction log)
needs to be copied on all servers before they are brought online? The what
about the "epoch" files? Do they need to be purged, preserved, or same one
populated through the whole ensemble?

+
jack ma 2013-07-16, 15:38