Hive >> mail # user >> Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.

+
Hans Uhlig 2012-02-27, 17:17
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-02-27, 17:19
Re: Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.
I am using external tables already. Is the Metastore API not a usable API
from inside another Java Application?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> The most programmatic way is to use external tables and then use
> HiveService (thrift) to add the partition after your MR job has ran
> successfully.
>

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Hans Uhlig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How can you add a partition to a table programmatically? I have a
> > mapreduce=  job that needs to perform a "ALTER TABLE x ADD PARTITION IF
> NOT
> > EXIST (foo=  =3D bar) LOCATION '<Mapreduce output>' after it completes.
> Is
> > there an exa= mple of this anwhere?

+
Edward Capriolo 2012-02-27, 17:58