MapReduce >> mail # user >> are ResultScanners vaid after hTable.close()

are ResultScanners vaid after hTable.close()
I tried scouring the API docs as well as googling this and I can't
find a definitive answer.

If I get an HTable instance and I close it, do I have to make sure I'm
finished using the ResultScanner and the Results before I close the
hTable? (i.e. like JDBC connection/resultSets?)

It looks like my code "runs" even after I close the hTable but I'm not
sure that it's not just working due to prefetched due / scannerCaching
or something.

--
Ted.