HBase >> mail # dev >> thrift vs thrift2

+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 23:24
+
Stack 2012-12-07, 00:48
+
Jesse Yates 2012-12-07, 00:50
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-07, 03:21
+
Luke Lu 2012-12-07, 21:56
+
Stack 2012-12-07, 23:16
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-08, 04:45
Re: thrift vs thrift2
IIRC the FB guys concluded the reverse, that it's better to provision
Thrift endpoints as a tier separate from RegionServers, so there can be
caching there, so the thrift servers in the RS don't bottleneck, etc.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)