Pig, mail # user - Storing tuple into HBaseStorage

+
Jerry Lam 2013-11-27, 16:57
+
Shawn Hermans 2013-11-27, 17:09
Re: Storing tuple into HBaseStorage
Jerry Lam 2013-11-27, 18:27
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the advice.

Can TOMAP generate a map from tuple using the alias of the field in the
tuple as the key of the map and the field value as the value of the map?
Form the documentation, TOMAP syntax is:

TOMAP(key-expression, value-expression [, key-expression, value-expression
...])

It does not look like it can use the alias of the field as the key... Any
further advice? Thanks!

Jerry
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Shawn Hermans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You should be able to use a Pig map to do this.  Use the column name as the
> key in the map and the value as the value.  You should be able to use the
> builtin TOMAP function to generate the map (
> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/func.html#tomap).  The HBaseStorage
> documentation gives an example of storing a map using friends:* and info:*
> as the column families.
>

> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/pig/backend/hadoop/hbase/HBaseStorage.html
>
> copy = STORE raw INTO 'hbase://SampleTableCopy'
>        USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage(
>        'info:first_name info:last_name friends:* info:*');
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Jerry Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Pig users,
> >
> > I want to store the entire tuple into hbase from Pig using HBaseStorage.
> > I know that I can do something like:
> >
> > output = .... as (c1:bytearray, c2:bytearray, .... cN:bytearray);
> > STORE output INTO 'hbase://outputtable' USING
> > org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('f1:c1 f1:c2 .....
> > f1:cN');
> >
> > Since the output contains tuples of 100 fields, I don't want to write
> them
> > manually. Additionally, I want to use the alias name of the field as the
> > column name for hbase. Since the entire tuple goes into the same column
> > family, I wonder if there is an easy way to express this in Pig?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Jerry

+
Shawn Hermans 2013-11-27, 23:14