Hadoop, mail # user - Number of retries

Re: Number of retries
Bejoy KS 2012-03-22, 19:55
Mohit
      If you are writing to a db from a job in an atomic way, this would pop up. You can avoid this only by disabling speculative execution.
Drilling down from web UI to a task level would get you the tasks where multiple attempts were there.

------Original Message------
From: Mohit Anchlia
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ReplyTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Number of retries
Sent: Mar 23, 2012 01:21

I am seeing wierd problem where I am seeing duplicate rows in the database.
I am wondering if this is because of some internal retries that might be
causing this. Is there a way to look at which tasks were retried? I am not
sure what else might cause because when I look at the output data I don't
see any duplicates in the file.

Regards
Bejoy KS