HBase >> mail # user >> understanding hbase client timeout settings

understanding hbase client timeout settings
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what timeout controls are available in the hbase client.  I'm using hbase version 0.90.4-cdh3u2.  I have a client application that does gets, puts, increments and scans.  I'd like to be able to have a client side timeout such that the client can clean-up in a case where the response is taking a while for whatever reason.

I've seen this jira which indicates that the feature I'm looking for is coming in a future release:

I've also seen this jira that looks related and appears to be already available:

What is the best way to control a timeout for the hbase client?

Thanks,
Steve