HBase, mail # dev - HRegion for HRegionInfo?

Re: HRegion for HRegionInfo?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-23, 17:24
Hi Ted,

There is no JIRA opened for that since I was not sure if it was
something required/useful/missing/etc.

But maybe I'm going the wrong way. The idea is, for a given table, I
want to have the size of all the store files, per region.

So far I'm using getClusterStatus so I can get all the regions for all
the tables. And then retrieve all the store files size.

But in an environment where there is hundred tables with thousands
column, it might take a bit to long to get all the region for a
specific table.

So the idea is to scan the META table to get all the regions for the
table I'm looking for, and from there, being able to get the HRegion
object for each of those regions...

JM