HBase, mail # user - independent scans to same region processed serially

independent scans to same region processed serially
James Taylor 2013-02-09, 01:49
Wanted to check with folks and see if they've seen an issue around this
before digging in deeper. I'm on 0.94.2. If I execute in parallel
multiple scans to different parts of the same region, they appear to be
processed serially. It's actually faster from the client side to execute
a single serial scan than it is to execute multiple parallel scans to
different segments of the region. I do have region observer coprocessors
for the table I'm scanning, but my code is not doing any synchronization.

Is there a known limitation in this area? Anyone else see anything similar?

     James