Accumulo, mail # dev - Hadoop 2 compatibility issues

+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 20:40
+
Sean Busbey 2013-05-14, 20:52
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 20:56
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 21:16
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-14, 21:35
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:42
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:48
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 21:51
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-14, 22:13
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 22:16
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 23:09
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 23:43
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 23:36
Re: Hadoop 2 compatibility issues
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 23:41
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Benson-
>
> They produce different byte-code. That's why we're even considering
> this. ACCUMULO-1402 is the ticket under which our intent is to add
> classifiers, so that they can be distinguished.

whoops, missed that.

Then how do people succeed in just fixing up their dependencies and using it?

In any case, speaking as a Maven-maven, classifiers are absolutely,
positively, a cure worse than the disease. If you want the details
just ask.

> All-
>
> To Keith's point, I think perhaps all this concern is a non-issue...
> because as Keith points out, the dependencies in question are marked
> as "provided", and dependency resolution doesn't occur for provided
> dependencies anyway... so even if we leave off the profiles, we're in
> the same boat. Maybe not the boat we should be in... but certainly not
> a sinking one as I had first imagined. It's as afloat as it was
> before, when they were not in a profile, but still marked as
> "provided".
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I just doesn't make very much sense to me to have two different GAV's
>> for the very same .class files, just to get different dependencies in
>> the poms. However, if someone really wanted that, I'd look to make
>> some scripting that created this downstream from the main build.
>>

>> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> They're the same currently. I was requesting separate gavs for hadoop 2.
>>> It's been on the mailing list and jira.
>>>
>>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.

+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 23:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 23:50