HBase >> mail # user >> Some Hbase questions

Re: Some Hbase questions
For #b, take a look
at src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/coprocessor/AggregationClient.java
in 0.94
It supports avg, max, min and sum operations through calling coprocessors.
Here is snippet from its javadoc:

 * This client class is for invoking the aggregate functions deployed on the
 * Region Server side via the AggregateProtocol. This class will implement
the
 * supporting functionality for summing/processing the individual results
 * obtained from the AggregateProtocol for each region.

For #c, running HBase and MR on the same cluster is acceptable. If you have
additional hardware, you can run mapreduce jobs on separate machines where
region server is not running.

Cheers