Bigtop >> mail # dev >> BIGTOP-116 - Systemd

+
Peter Linnell 2013-06-25, 05:03
Re: BIGTOP-116 - Systemd
Congratulations on the new machine, Peter!

I'd love to help out with this, if I can. I don't know how practical
it is, but I've been hoping that we can do this through a template,
and put component-specific configuration in the .svc files as much as
possible (and of course, change the init script template as needed -
for systems that don't / won't switch to systemd).

Of course if systemd's style just doesn't make that expedient it's not
necessary, but it would be a nice way to keep things consistent.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Peter Linnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now that 0.6.0 is out, it is a good time to think about me tackling: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-116
>
> Now that I have some new shiny bits sitting on my desk, I've got a
> great dev machine for building Bigtop.
>
> One of the cool things about systemd is its notion of dependencies in
> services. Thus with all the new packages, we need to spell out the
> services start order for Bigtop.
>
> So, I'd love people to start chiming in on this ticket and help me
> understand the specifics of dependencies, especially the new things
> which have gone into 0.5 and 0.6.x
>
> Once I have this, I can start adding the service files for systemd.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
+
Peter Linnell 2013-06-25, 17:14