HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase wire compatibility

Re: HBase wire compatibility
Fair enough.  That's why I mentioned ByteString more than anything else.
 If the new RPC will always convert client api/application values into
ByteStrings and my application is always storing protobuf keys and protobuf
objects, it'd be nice if I could just hand you a ByteString as the value
for each of these rather than converting them back to byte[] and then
having you convert them again.

thanks,
Jacques