Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 17:58
On 04/29/2011 04:09 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> I think everything is ready to go on the 0.20.203.0 release. It
> includes security and a lot of improvements in the capacity scheduler
> and JobTracker.

This does not appear to include the 0.20-append work?  So it's not
advisable to use HBase with this revision, correct?

> Should we release
> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.203.0-rc0/?

The patch selection process for this branch did not appear to be a
community process.  A massive patch set was committed en-masse with no
public discussion before or after about its specific composition.

Long-term the users of a project benefit from a community that
collaborates using open, interactive processes.  If a particular set of
patches, not created through such a process, is valuable to end users,
then it can be distributed on github or elsewhere under a different
name, but should not be granted the imprimatur of a community product.

Doug