Flume >> mail # user >> How to run flume-mg in background?

Re: How to run flume-mg in background?
This is the flume-ng-agent init.d script included with CDH4.  Drop it in /etc/init.d/flume-ng-agent, make it executable (chmod 755 /etc/init.d/flume-ng-agent), and then you can start/stop flume to your heart's content.

https://gist.github.com/4596260