Hive >> mail # user >> Reflect MySQL updates into Hive

+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-24, 13:08
+
Dean Wampler 2012-12-24, 14:51
+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-24, 15:34
+
Dean Wampler 2012-12-24, 18:12
+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-24, 18:25
+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 05:50
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-25, 05:56
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-25, 05:59
+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-26, 06:27
+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-26, 13:54
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-26, 14:52
+
Ibrahim Yakti 2012-12-26, 14:56
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-24, 13:19
Re: Reflect MySQL updates into Hive
Thanks Mohammad, No, we do not have any plans to replace our RDBMS with
Hive. Hadoop/Hive will be used as Data Warehouse & batch processing
computing, as I said we want to use Hive for analytical queries.
--
Ibrahim
On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Ibrahim,
>
>      A quick questio. Are you planning to replace your SQL DB with Hive?
> If that is the case, I would not suggest to do that. Both are meant for
> entirely different purposes. Hive is for batch processing and not for real
> time system. So if you are requirements involve real time things, you need
> to think before moving ahead.
>
> Yes, Sqoop is 'the' tool. It is primarily meant for this purpose.
>
> HTH
>
> Best Regards,
> Tariq
> +91-9741563634
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
>

> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Ibrahim Yakti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are new to hadoop and hive, we are trying to use hive to
>> run analytical queries and we are using sqoop to import data into hive, in
>> our RDBMS the data updated very frequently and this needs to be reflected
>> to hive. Hive does not support update/delete but there are many workarounds
>> to do this task.
>>
>> What's in our mind is importing all the tables into hive as is, then we
>> build the required tables for reporting.
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>>    1. What is the best way to reflect MySQL updates into Hive with
>>    minimal resources?
>>    2. Is sqoop the right tool to do the ETL?
>>    3. Is Hive the right tool to do this kind of queries or we should
>>    search for alternatives?
>>
>> Any hint will be useful, thanks in advanced.
>>
>> --
>> Ibrahim

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-24, 13:35