Hadoop >> mail # dev >> trailing whitespace

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-25, 19:14
Re: trailing whitespace
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Radim Kolar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I propose addition to QA bot - check for trailing whitespace in patches.
> Probably checking for tabs in Java files would be also good idea.

Checking for tabs I could get behind; checking for trailing whitespace not
so much.

I've never understood why folks get worked up over a little trailing
whitespace here and there, since you can't see it and it doesn't affect
correctness. Spurious whitespace changes that make a review harder - those
are annoying. Trailing whitespace inadvertently left on lines where
legitimate changes were made in a patch - doesn't seem too harmful to me.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera