MapReduce >> mail # user >> Problem running PI example in Hadoop 2.0.0

Re: Problem running PI example in Hadoop 2.0.0
On 9 August 2012 10:31, Arjun Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did go through the 6 steps listed at the link and telnet to port
> 45965 is failing.  Netstat -a shows nothing is listing on port 45965.

That's a high number - I wonder if it's something transient that didn't
start.

I worry about the 127.0.1.1 number in the hostname -try editing /etc/hosts
to 127.0.0.1 to see if that helps; it could just be some listening on a
different port

> We can run hadoop 1.0.3 version without any issues on this cluster and I
> am new to 2.0.0 version.  I followed the document
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r2.0.0-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ClusterSetup.html to
> setup the config files.  Is there any other good document that describes
> how to set up version 2.0.0.
>
> Thanks
> Arjun
>
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>>  On 8 August 2012 14:39, Arjun Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>  I am trying to setup a small cluster using hadoop 2.0.0 and using PI
>>> example to validate the setup.  When I have 1 master and 1 slave the
>>> example works fine.  I am getting exceptions with the PI example when
>>> additional slave nodes are added to the cluster.  The syslogs for failed
>>> tasks are as follows.  Any ideas why this is happening.
>>>

>>> .
>>> 2012-08-08 15:41:30,492 WARN [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild:
>>> Exception running child : java.net.ConnectException: Call From node2/
>>> 127.0.1.1 to node2:45965 failed on connection exception:
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see:

--
Steve Loughran
Hortonworks Inc

<http://hortonworks.com/download/>