HBase >> mail # user >> Change the compression algorythme

Re: Change the compression algorythme
JM,

You are correct. Just disable the table, alter the compression, and then
major and minor compactions will run their course.

Please remember to run the compression test first to make sure there is
nothing wrong with the new algorithm.