HBase >> mail # user >> Multiple regionservers on a single node

+
Ishan Chhabra 2012-12-03, 21:39
+
Robert Dyer 2012-12-07, 04:02
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-07, 06:57
+
谢良 2012-12-07, 09:58
+
Adrien Mogenet 2012-12-10, 22:21
+
Azury 2012-12-11, 06:47
+
谢良 2012-12-11, 08:42
+
Ishan Chhabra 2012-12-11, 12:16
+
谢良 2012-12-11, 08:21
Re: Multiple regionservers on a single node
Regards, Ishan.

On 12/03/2012 04:39 PM, Ishan Chhabra wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody tried to run multiple RegionServers on a single physical
> node? Are there deep technical issues or minor impediments that would
> hinder this?
Can you provide more information about your setup?
- Network
- Disk schema
- RAM

> We are trying to do this because we are facing a lot of GC pauses on the
> large heap sizes (~70G) that we are using, which leads to a lot of timeouts
> in our latency critical application. More processes with smaller heaps
> would help in mitigating this issue.
Have you read this, Ishan?
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/04/hbase-dos-and-donts/

This great post described the Long GC pauses problem.

An another great post in the Sematex's blog, describe how Memstore
works, which is a
critical resource for HBase operations:
http://blog.sematext.com/2012/07/16/hbase-memstore-what-you-should-know/

What is the value of: