HBase, mail # user - Multiple regionservers on a single node

Re: Multiple regionservers on a single node
Marcos Ortiz 2012-12-03, 22:03
Regards, Ishan.

On 12/03/2012 04:39 PM, Ishan Chhabra wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody tried to run multiple RegionServers on a single physical
> node? Are there deep technical issues or minor impediments that would
> hinder this?
Can you provide more information about your setup?
- Network
- Disk schema
- RAM

> We are trying to do this because we are facing a lot of GC pauses on the
> large heap sizes (~70G) that we are using, which leads to a lot of timeouts
> in our latency critical application. More processes with smaller heaps
> would help in mitigating this issue.
Have you read this, Ishan?
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/04/hbase-dos-and-donts/

This great post described the Long GC pauses problem.

An another great post in the Sematex's blog, describe how Memstore
works, which is a
critical resource for HBase operations:
http://blog.sematext.com/2012/07/16/hbase-memstore-what-you-should-know/

What is the value of: