Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop Installation on Ubuntu

+
Ying Huang 2012-07-04, 03:03
+
Clay McDonald 2012-07-04, 03:16
+
Clay McDonald 2012-07-04, 03:20
Re: Hadoop Installation on Ubuntu
There's also BigTop distrubution that includes Hadoop
  https://incubator.apache.org/bigtop/

Also, it seems that 1.0.3 based stack in the binary form is available for
download from this site

    http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/latest/ubuntu/

Cos

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:03PM, Ying Huang wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have downloaded hadoop_1.0.3-1_x86_64.deb from hadoop official
> website, and installed using command under root privileged.
>     dpkg -i hadoop_1.0.3-1_x86_64.deb
>     But there is an error: chown: invalid group: `root:hadoop'.
>     And later, when I running hadoop-setup-single-node.sh, I got
> lots of chown errors:
>
> Proceed with setup? (y/n) y
> chown: invalid user: `mapred:hadoop'
> chown: invalid user: `hdfs:hadoop'
> chown: invalid user: `mapred:hadoop'
> chown: invalid user: `hdfs:hadoop'
> chown: invalid group: `root:hadoop'
> chown: invalid user: `hdfs:hadoop'
> chown: invalid user: `mapred:hadoop'
> chown: invalid group: `root:hadoop'
> chown: invalid group: `root:hadoop'
> chown: invalid group: `root:hadoop'
>     My java version is
>
> java version "1.6.0_24"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.1) (6b24-1.11.1-4ubuntu3)
>
>     Should I manually create the group "hadoop", if so, with what
> command or right mode, 444 or 777?
>     And is there detail document about how to install and setup
> using deb file?
>

> -- Best Regards
> Ying Huang

+