Pig >> mail # user >> Parsing a Complex JSON String?

+
Eli Finkelshteyn 2013-02-28, 18:44
Re: Parsing a Complex JSON String?
Does the EB json loader with

elephantbird.jsonloader.nestedLoad = true

Work?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Eli Finkelshteyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I want to parse a string of complex JSON in Pig. Specifically, I want Pig
to understand my JSON array as a bag instead of as a single chararray. When
using JsonLoader, I can do this easily by specifying the schema, as in this
question. Is there any way to either have Pig figure out my schema for me,
or to specify it when Pig is parsing a string? I've been using
JsonStringToMap, but can't find a way to specify Schema, or to have it
properly understand my JSON array is an array and not a single char array.
I looked at the code in JsonStringToMap, and it looks like it always
specifies the schema for me as just a map of chararrays, which won't work
for anything but the simplest JSON of a form like {string: string…}. Any
ideas?

> Eli
+
Eli Finkelshteyn 2013-03-01, 19:40