Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7.1 or 0.8.1 with CDH3?

Hive 0.7.1 or 0.8.1 with CDH3?
CDH3 seems to formally provide Hive 0.7.1, but Hive is up to 0.8.1.  I currently use a CDH3 Hadoop installation.  I was curious if I should strictly sick with CDH3 for related produces and go with Hive 0.7.1 or if I should try to use 0.8.1 instead.

What major advantages does the more recent Hive offer and is it definitely compatible with CDH3 (Hadoop 0.20.2)?  Is it not worth the hassle?  Should I just stick with CDH3 throughout my production system?

Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda